Application deadline: 10th July 2020
The Victorian Popular Fiction Association is seeking expressions of interest for Members who would like to join the Executive Committee in the following posts:
- Social Media Manager.
- Duties include: running the Twitter and Facebook accounts; posting relevant information on the social media accounts; working with the Web Manager to monitor the VPFA media email account.
- Current post holder – Erin Louttit.
- Web Manager.
- Duties include: maintaining the website; uploading new content to the website; helping to ensure that the information on the website is up-to-date and accessible; removing old content; working with the Membership Secretary to maintain the membership directory; work with the Social Media Manager to monitor the VPFA media email account.
- Familiarity with WordPress and the Google suite of tools required.
- Current post holder – Courtney Floyd.
- Conference co-organiser.
- Duties include: planning, advertising, and running the VPFA annual conference (whether online or on location).
- Current post holder – Helena Ifill.
The Executive Committee meets at least once a year, in advance of the conference.
Posts need to be held by current VPFA members. We welcome members at any career stage (including independent scholars), but do ask that you envisage that you will be able to commit for at least a year. If more than one person applies we will consider post-sharing.
Posts will be appointed by the current Officers (Janine Hatter, Helena Ifill and Andrew King) and formalised at the next AGM.
Please send general queries and expressions of interest to Andrew, Helena and Janine at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10th July.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Courtney and Erin for all of the hard work they have put in over the last few years. Thank you, Erin, for the fantastic social media content which has kept us both informed and entertained, and thank you Courtney for your amazing IT skills and willingness to help with putting this year’s conference online.